Port Douglas, Australia
TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND
Getting to Port Douglas is an hour's drive from Cairns airport along the scenic coastal road with the Daintree rainforest on one side and the Great Barrier Reef on the other.
Here you can spend your days at Four Mile Beach, in local cafés, restaurants and shops downtown or exploring wildlife in the rainforest or underwater.
- Betty's Bohemian Beach Cafe - a boho beach café, perfect for your instagram pictures ;-)
- Whileaway Bookshop & Cafe - even though bookshop- also really good café
- Zinc - to start of with pre-dinner drinks or post-dinner coffee
- On The Inlet - beautiful location on the waterfront serving fresh seafood and oysters
- Tshinta - little boutique with all swimsuits, flip flops, beach bags, kaftans etc. All products by Seafolly = Australian beach lifestyle brand.
WHERE TO STAY
Fun citrus colors and quirky design from the hotel rooms to the open lobby and spaces everything at QT Port Douglas has a tropical retro-vibe.
- Bazaar restaurant for breakfast offers tropical fresh fruit and juices, hot and cold buffet - only downside: the coffee (if it's not filter) is extra
- Qtique the hotel's own boutique sells everything related to beach life- from the in-room scented pineapple candles next to your bedside to the banana bowl on the breakfast table to beach paddles and towel
- Estilo Bar is open for coffee and drinks, they even prepared a jug of home-made ice tea for us - not on the menu ;-) with a yellow-topped pool table is open for coffee and drinks