Shopping in Athens, Greece
Shopping Weekend in Athens
There is so much more to Athens, so much to explore that two days makes for a nice getaway, but not enough time to explore...
Some of the things I would recommend and tried, but I am sure there is plenty more (for next time)...
WHERE TO STAY
- SEMIRAMIS: depending on what you're looking for in Athens- this hotel is best to get away and relax. Located in Kifissia; rooms have balconies to take in the sunlight and there is a large pool with bright funky colors throughout the hotel. Remember your symbol and floor- rooms here don't have numbers!
- NEW HOTEL: located right in the centre of Athens with amazing views from the roof top terrace- this hotel's interior is filled with eco-sensitive and hand crafted furniture- simply outstanding!
- APIVITA - this 100 percent natural cosmetics company uses extracts from plants of the Greek nature, beehive products, and organic essential oils. The perfect souvenir from Greece or treat yourself at the APIVITA Experience store including Spa, Hair and Organic Juice Bar located on Solonos 32, Kolonaki 10673.
- Sun of a Beach - watch out: these two ladies from Greece are not only selling their funky printed beach towels in Greece but meanwhile in more and more shops worldwide. For those who can't make it to the stores, shop online for the large beach towels.
- ncient Greek Sandals - THE must-have for a Greek summer- love, love, love their sandals. Visit their website here. Did I mention they all come with a tiny golden wing buckle?
- Navarino Icons - Navarino icons produce authentic food and art objects. Think: honey, biscuits, olive oil and ceramic art. Not to mention their packaging and design us amazing.
- Ileana Makri - Jewelry particularly inspired by the Evil Eye which serves as protection from evil forces. What has stuck with me is her collection of crying eyes.