New York's Chelsea
In summer I had spent a weekend in New York and would like to share my favorite places and neighborhood with you:
CAFÉS & RESTAURANTS
Admittedly it was not easy finding good coffee in NYC opposed to my expectations.
Did you know that in 2014 on average one coffee shop opened in New York every three days?
Here is a selection of local Chelsea neighborhood coffee places:
- Blue Bottle Coffee: A small network of cafés in New York, San Francisco, L.A. and even Tokyo!
- Kava Cafe: Kava is Croatian for coffee- however their coffee served in black cups and the interior reminds me of Milan, Italy. Interiors by Roman & Williams, also behind the Ace Hotel and the Standard Hotel New York.
- Ninth Street Espresso: plain and simple "espresso with milk" high quality coffee.
WHERE TO STAY
- Hôtel Americano: I adore their jeans (!) bathrobes, Le Labo shower gels and minibar products. With a coffee shop and outside terrace for breakfast either opt for healthy, Americano (buttermilk pancakes) or Sud Americano (eggs, avocado, tortillas, chipotle dressing) breakfast. Cool off in the rooftop-pool during summer.
- High Line: Really just around the corner of Hôtel Americano go for a morning walk 2.5 km along the High Lane (access W 26th street)- a perfect start to your day -specially if you wake up at 5:00 am due to jet lag like me.